bot-sentry pidgin msn spam interaction

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Mon Jun 30 14:08:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 06:57 -0600, deckrider wrote:
> Hello, I'm writing to ask some advice about the following bug:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2002718&group_id=156021&atid=798112
>
> Is there a way to suppress these error messages so that they don't
> open windows (but not other messages that aren't a result of this
> plugin)?
>
> Or is the recommendation in the bug the way to proceed (wait 5 seconds
> and then check if the user is on line before sending the challenge)?
>
> Or possibly some other alternative?

You can't check if the buddy is online unless the buddy is in your buddy
list, right? If the buddy is in your buddy list, there's probably no
point in sending a challenge?

I am not sure how best to solve this, libpurple does not have a way to
notify the caller when a prpl operation fails, so the prpl can only
write to the conversation when something goes wrong. Maybe trap the
conversation signals and hide it?

-khc