Missing XMPP in protocol list on Windows

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Wed Mar 5 12:50:54 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 11:36 -0600, Kevin Stange wrote:
> Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> > Has the build fetcher script been updated to include the Cyrus SASL
> > dependencies?
> > http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin#CyrusSASL
> >

> Yes, it has.  I have noticed that something doesn't work quite right
> with running the software from the win32-install-dir.  It should work
> fine if you install the program with one of the installers.  I will look
> into that soon.

I should have asked if the latest build environment fetcher was being
used too :) I thought I had tested running from win32-install-dir, I'd
certainly put this in place to try to make sure it'll work wherever it's
installed:

#ifdef _WIN32
    sasldir = g_build_filename(wpurple_install_dir(), "sasl2", NULL);
    sasl_set_path(SASL_PATH_TYPE_PLUGIN, sasldir);
    g_free(sasldir);
#endif

However, I don't think any of that failing would prevent XMPP showing up
in the list of protocols (it would fail to authenticate due to not
finding any SASL mechanisms).

Regards,

Stu.