Design and feature suggestions

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 16:56:27 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Evan Schoenberg <evan.s at dreskin.net> wrote:
 >  *nod* My point was only that I have seen cases where the current
>  system is a serious bottleneck, not that any other particular solution
>  would necessarily remove the bottleneck or mitigate it.  I didn't
>  meant to sound as if I were voicing strong support of the original
>  "switch to a database" suggestion; only that I think that there *is* a
>  real, rather than a theoretical, problem at hand.

Which surprises me, but I guess at least it only has to happen once.

Probably the best immediate solution would be to change the blist
parsing from the dom-style we're using now to a sax-style parsing,
which should be straightforward with libxml2. We'd probably hit
problems if we tried to continue before the blist is finished parsing,
but we could at least not block any UI on it.

-s.