Encoding bug in Windows version (ICQ)

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Mon Mar 10 01:24:24 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 22:15 -0700, Andrew Ivanov wrote:
> Guys,
> I've just installed the latest build for Windows (2.4.0) and now I'm 
> unable to receive any ICQ messages.
> I've got the following in my debug window:
> (21:45:56) oscar: incomingim_ch1: unknown TLV 0x0013 (len 1)
> (21:45:56) oscar: Received IM from 334576979 with 1 parts
> (21:45:56) oscar: Parsing IM part, charset=0x0002, charsubset=0x0000, 
> datalen=8
> (21:45:56) oscar: Conversion from UCS-2BE failed: Conversion from 
> character set 'UCS-2BE' to 'UTF-8' is not supported.
> (21:45:56) oscar: String is not valid UTF-8.
> Also see attached snapshot of my conversation window.
> After a bit of digging i figured out that the new release has been 
> shipped with a bogus glib library. After switching to GTK 2.12.1 
> everything turned out good. Actually it was enough to replace just 
> libglib-2.0.0.dll file with the one from GTK 2.12.1 to fix the issue.
> I suppose i'm not the only one who might've been affected by that.

This has been fixed for the next release.


More information about the Devel mailing list