Unable to reconnect an account

Eric PTAK eric.ptak.fr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 06:11:14 EDT 2008

Hi everyone !

I'm currently integrating libpurple in a server so I use it without user
interface and based on nullclient.
I can create dynamicly accounts and connect them but I can't reconnect after
disconnecting. This is the use case :

1/ Connecting
* the server creates an account and adds it to accounts
* the server enable the account, so I receive "account-enabled" signal
* the server connects the account, so I receive "signing-on" then
"signed-on" signals
* finally the server sets the saved-status to available.

... some time later ...

2/ Disconnecting :
* the server sets the saved status to offline, I receive "signed-off" signal
* the server disable the account, it receives "account-disable" signal

 ... some time later ...

3/ Reconnecting
the server first tries to enable the account, then receives
"account-enabled" signal
the server also tries to connect the account (because purple return it
disconnected), nothing happens
the server then also tries to sets the saved-status to available, but
nothing hapens too

There is no signal received, neither "signing-on", and the debug output
it very limited :
 (11:07:41) account: Connecting to account eric.ptak at hotmail.fr (11:07:41)
account: Connecting to account eric.ptak at hotmail.fr

I think the first line correspond to the connection try, and the second to
the status set try.