after update to 2.4 I can't connect to jabber server

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue Mar 11 14:57:11 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 09:18:27AM +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
<snip>
> I connect to jabber/xmmp server that is on dynamic dns host
> (osw.no-ip.org) and before upgrading to pidgin 2.4 I could connect
> from work to that jabber server, now I can't.
>
> Server has domain set to "server4" and I use as address: osw.no-ip.org
> and port 5222

I'm assuming the above means you have 'Domain' set up for the account as
'server4' and 'osw.no-ip.org' as the 'Connect Server'? Is that correct?

Is the server running Openfire? If it is see
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/5008 and
http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/166088 as they explain
what you need to do to correctly configure Openfire for things to work,
you need to set the xmpp.fqdn Openfire property to the fqdn of the server.

<snip>

> Cheers,
> Valent.

    -Etan