install did not set good permissions on new directories

Jeff Smith jsmith at robotronics.com
Wed Mar 19 23:11:12 EDT 2008

Hi,
I finally got "pidgin-2.3.1.tar.bz2" working on suse 10.0 last week.
It took a while because `make install` did not seem to give a normal
user permission to read the subdirectories it created. I was able to
run pidgin, but it had no icons, no purple, no chat protocols
available...

Finally I wrote a script that added o+rx to the folders. The files in
them did have appropriate permissions.

Hopefully you've got that fixed in pidgin-2.4.0, but I thought I might
ask.

______
SuSE 10.0
KDE 3.4
Linux softdev 2.6.13-15.18-smp #1 SMP Tue Oct 2 17:36:20 UTC 2007 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux