configure fails in latest mtn version

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 20 02:38:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:14:00 -0500, Casey Cichon wrote
> Stu Tomlinson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 15:58 -0500, Casey Cichon wrote:
> >
> >> i just now went to mtn pull; mtn up on my development source.  when i
> >> run ./configure I get the following error.
> >>

> > Presumably you have tried re-running autogen.sh? What version of
> > autoconf do you have?
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > Stu.
> >

> autoconf version 2.59, autogen.sh doesn't return any errors .....
> just the configure blows up.

Hey Casey, so I know exactly why this is happening.  I changed some lines in
our configure.ac from AC_CHECK_HEADERS() to AC_CHECK_HEADERS_ONCE(), and the
latter function was only added in 2.59c (I think that's right) which was
released in April 2006.  That's pretty recent, and we probably shouldn't
expect people to be using a version of autoconf newer than that.

I think I'll revert this change, since it isn't extremely necessary.  But
before I do, what OS/distribution are you using?

-Mark