Summer of Code

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Sat Mar 22 07:29:49 EDT 2008

Benjamin Arnaud wrote:
> Why not using Qt 4 which is portable on the three platforms : Win, Linux,
> MacOsX ?
> I'm currently developping a client using Qt and I have to say that's the
> best option out there.

Using MFC to develop the application, one can expect the development to
follow the HIG and UI conventions of Windows.  Additionally, it
eliminates the dependency on an extra UI toolkit library, which has its
own set of bugs, failings, and overhead above and beyond that of the
Operating System.

Moving from one cross-platform UI toolkit (GTK -> QT) does not service
these goals, which we feel will help produce a Pidgin-like client that
is better integrated with and optimized for Windows users.

Kevin