Get jabber id from a PurpleConvChatBuddy.

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon Mar 24 11:33:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:44:51PM +0100, Benjamin Arnaud wrote:
> Stu,
>
> That's correct.
> But can it be used for a "request add" to contact list ? (that's what I'm
> trying to achieve)

No, it probably can't (or rather if it can it will likely not do at all
what you want it to do).

> I'm testing on a room where JabberIDs should be visibles.
>
> Mr Arnaud.

As Sadrul mentioned libpurple doesn't handle this at all well, and as I
mentioned in my comment on the ticket he referenced I once overhauled
PurpleConvChatBuddy to make this sort of thing possible, but I never
finished it and I have no idea if I still have the patch.

Redoing it would not be difficult (the hard part was just making sure I
got all the references to it not making the actual core changes), and is
something I have been thinking about on and off for a while now, it would
allow for a bunch of useful functionality to be added.

If you want to work on making the changes and submitting a patch feel free
to find me in #pidgin, devel at conference.pidgin.im, or via im at
xmpp:deryni at pidgin.im to ask questions.

    -Etan