2.4.1 Release Schedule

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 24 17:09:27 EDT 2008

Daniel Atallah wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There have been a number of fixes in the last few weeks that would be
> great to get out in a release; let's get the wheels rolling on a 2.4.1
> release.
>
> Are there any outstanding issues that can be considered blockers?
>
> Can we plan to string freeze tonight and release on Thursday (or is that
> not enough time for the translators)?
> I don't think there have been all that many string changes.
>
> -D

Someone in devel at c.p.i suggested we release tomorrow or the day after,
and then release 2.4.3 after a more "normal" string freeze regardless of
any changes or lack there of.  its a micro release, so no real reason
not to release really frequently.  If we are worried about regressions,
we could even branch 2.4.x off so that head could be 2.5.x, and declare
2.4.x bug fixes only.

luke