SoC: MSN direct file transfer

Erik Jonsson erijo130 at student.liu.se
Mon Mar 24 17:38:00 EDT 2008

Hi!

As a Summer of Code project, I'd like to implement support for peer-to-peer
file transfers in the MSN protocol. I've been using gaim/pidgin for several
years and the lack of this feature has been bugging me all the time.

If I got things right, improving MSN support has been a SoC task both 2006
and 2007, but they didn't result in much usable code. The reason I will
succeed better is that instead of trying to fix everything and end up with
nothing usable, I will focus on one thing and do it well. I believe that
Miranda already has this feature, so maybe I can look at how they did it.

Is this a good idea?

/Erik Jonsson