GSOC idea : file transfer plugin

Evan Schoenberg evands at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 24 18:57:27 EDT 2008

On Mar 24, 2008, at 6:52 PM, Roberto Barboza Jr wrote:

> I would like to know if i could develop this idea as my GSoC project.
> It seems well explained to me (i couldn't explain better or add
> anything to the idea right now), so if it's ok, i'll read the dev wiki
> to start planning how this could be done.

I don't think the 'file transfer plugin' (basically an FTP server
implemented as a Pidgin plugin) is within appropriate scope of the
project.  There are plenty of existing solutions to file sharing,
including solutions provided by the protocols themselves.  Do any
other developers disagree and think this would be a project for which,
as described in Jean-Grégoire Foulon's email, they would vote when it
comes time to accept or reject proposals?

-Evan