Google SOC Question

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 24 23:13:07 EDT 2008

Daniel Atallah wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Ryan Kelley <rkelley at cs.uri.edu
> <mailto:rkelley at cs.uri.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Is there a mentor assigned to the yahoo protocol project yet for
>     Google Summer of Code?
>

> The SoC applications aren't yet due until March 31st, so the projects
> haven't even been decided yet for mentors to be assigned.

Just to reiterate and clarify:

We have not preselected the projects for which SoC students may apply,
and encourage them to submit things that are not on already our ideas
page if they believe they have an interesting plan.  To that end, we
have not chosen which mentors will go to which projects because we won't
know which projects we are accepting until we have all the applications
in and review them as a group.

In short, file your application for whatever you want to do.  If you
have a question about a project idea, ask it here, rather than go
hunting for a specific mentor.

Kevin