Summer of Code

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Tue Mar 25 21:04:17 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 17:59 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> Is this actually relevant?  What version of Gaim/Pidgin does RHEL4 ship?  I
> see that CentOS 4.6 has "Pidgin 1.5.1."  It seems like our decision to stop
> supporting earlier versions of gtk in future releases wouldn't affect RHEL4.

It depends what you class as relevant. I know Warren has been hoping to
update RHEL to Pidgin 2.x for a while now, and I have been building RPMs
for RHEL/CentOS 4 & 5 since Pidgin 2.0.0 : http://rpm.pidgin.im/centos/

Also, how much work is it really creating us to support older Gtk in
Pidgin 2.x? I occasionally remind others that some things are dependent
on new Gtk versions, and sometimes fix the breakage myself, but most of
what I've seen as being relevant are more like Pidgin 3.x dependencies
anyway.

Regards,

Stu.