Libpurple disconnecting issue

Evan Schoenberg evands at pidgin.im
Wed Mar 26 17:43:05 EDT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Benjamin Arnaud wrote:

> libpurple is running on its own thread with its own
> "g_main_loop_run(loop);"
>
> The only interaction between both sides are signal based, according
> to Qt's doc those are Thread safe.
>
> My crashes are random they don't occur everytime...
>
> Last but not least I'm encountering that disconnecting issue only
> when using "wpurple_g_io_channel_win32_new_socket"
> Maybe I missed some kind of win32 specific init or something because
> pidgin works using that call on win32.
>
> Beside calling "wpurple_g_io_channel_win32_new_socket", is there
> anything else I'm supposed to do to ensure win32 compatibility?

I couldn't speak to anything related to win32; sorry. I'm suspicious
as to whether wpurple_g_io_channel_win32_new_socket() is doing the
right thing with your threads. I'd recommend logging which thread is
being used when you receive the callback from
wpurple_g_io_channel_win32_new_socket() and verify that it's the right
one.

-Evan