AIM screen-name linking

Ankit Singla anksingla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:22:16 EDT 2008

q10 wrote:
> Hello:
>
> At the present, is AIM screen-name linking available in Pidgin?  Given
> a screen name that is already linked to another one, can the second
> screen name's buddy list be shown too without signing on to the second
> account?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that for the way AIM implemented
screen name linking, it actually was signing on both of the screen
names. In that case, Pidgin is just a sophisticated version of screen
name linking.

> Is there a way to combine same sn's of buddies from different accounts
> of the same protocol, particularly AIM?
Using the listhandler plugin (which may be in the plugin pack) you can
copy buddies across accounts. Is this what you mean?