adding one feature to ping on line users when I log in

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu May 1 13:13:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:04:15AM +0530, Mayank Jain Nawal wrote:
> Dear Pidgin Devel Team,
>
> I am interested to add one small feature in pidgin according to which when I
> log in to my pidgin it will automatically send message to all the on line
> persons in my friend list, like sending Good Morning to all the persons in my
> friend list with there alias name which I have set for them. I have discussed
> this feature with some of my friends this seams interested to them too. Hope
> same for you too.
>
> Can any body assist me and tell me how to start with.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Mayank Jain

A plugin could be written to do this, it would just need to listen to the
signed-on connection signal, call purple_find_buddies(account, NULL) to
get the list of buddies, and then send them each a message.

But I think this would incredibly quickly get very annoying (especially if
anyone using this plugin has a poor network connection, or if you give
your friend an alias they may not know about or you may not want to share
with them).

    -Etan