pidgin: c0a4f0ab: Finally get around to committing charkin...

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:25:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Etan Reisner
<pidgin at unreliablesource.net> wrote:
> > I think would be awesome if someone wrote some code that toggles the
>  > infopane text between the name and status (what we have now), and the
>  > tooltip text? I was originally concerned that the tooltip text would
>  > wind up dwarfing the icon in many cases, but then I realized that's
>  > just because I have a lot of AIM buddies for whom people generally
>  > aren't going to feel they need to full-size the buddy icons anyway.
>  > What do people think?
>
>  I don't think I understand. Switch that information when?

Teaches me to write e-mails at 2:30am.

I think it might be neat if clicking on the buddy icon didn't just
toggle between small icon and large icon, but from a "blist entry"
type view to a "tooltip" type view. The former is what the infopane
has been all along, and the latter has the full-sized icon and the
complete tooltip_text. I think the two lines of text look a little
silly next to a huge icon right now.

-s.