Developers, Community, Progress

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Fri May 2 02:45:56 EDT 2008

Hi

MonoApe schrieb:
> Allan Clark wrote:
> Probably not - reading the bug report it's evident that this issue is
> closed, so I was more venting than hoping to achieve what dozens of
> others had failed to do and persuade the devs to accommodate the
> wishes of many users.  Also, rekkanoryo's post, that I responded to,
> just 'pressed a button'.  Whatcha gonna do?
So, here is a user, who likes the new auto-resizing. I guess, I'd vote
for keeping the feature, or otherwise said, I'd probably complain if the
UI changes would be rolled back.

No what? Because some posted the want the old behaviour you think this
is the majority? And if it was, what about the minority then? This would
probably still be an enormous number.

Btw: After analyzing my logfiles I was convinced that the feature is
really a good one -> 95% of my messages are one- and two-liners, so the
input field isn't jumping at all.

Greetings
-Sascha-

PS: I'm neither a Pidgin dev nor more involved in the project apart from
posting once a month in here. But in general I believe the following:
- OSS is created by people for themself. Not for a community, not for
getting money and not for getting the respect. So it should primarily
fit _their_ needs.
- In addition to the above, the code is released into the public, so
anyone who disklike something or needs more features is able to extend
or modify the software to _their_ needs.