Search IM Buddies

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Sat May 3 06:53:42 EDT 2008

Hi,

David K. Bainbridge schrieb:
> I have been using Pidgin for a while and very much like the tool. One
> problem I am having is that I have so many buddies in my list that it is
> often difficult to locate the one I would like to find. I am aware that
> I can use the "Add Buddy" buddy option to locate a buddy, but what I
> would really find useful is a text field at the top/bottom of the buddy
> list into which I can type a name/alias and that would filter the buddy
> list based on matches. This would allow me to quickly locate the person
There is something which might help you:
Try typing while you have the buddy list active. A little search window
should pop up and the first match should be selected.
To cycle through the matches use your mouse scroll-wheel or I think
PageUp and PageDown should also do the trick.

HTH
Greetings
-Sascha-

PS: Tagging would be a nice addition, though I don't know, if it could
be implemented in a sensible way to not confuse people to much.