"Minimum input area hight in lines"

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Sun May 11 05:16:08 EDT 2008

On 11/05/08 06:39, Sean Egan wrote:
> I think that if we're going to allow manual control of this thing's
> size, it should be via direct manipulation. If this is important, it's
> better to subclass GtkPaned to do what we want than to add something
> to Preferences for it, I think.

I basically agree that it's a rubbish preference, and that direct
manipulation would be better (although it's not clear to me how the
subclasses divider would behave).  I threw in a preference because there
was some consensus that at least some manual control was needed; there
was talk in the MUC of replacing it with a slider.

I don't have time to look at fixing up a magic draggable divider in the
near future, though.
--
Will