Sending files via libpurple / oscar fails

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon May 12 03:10:51 EDT 2008

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:13:21 +0200, Thorsten wrote
> Hi, can anyone help me?
>
> I am using libpurple 2.4.1 for a chatbot and it can send a photo (of
> his computer), but it always fails via OSCAR.
>
> The call to prpl_info->can_receive_file() returns false
>
> Has anyone a clue why this is happening, am I missing an
> initalization or something like that?
>
> The chatbot is running on Ubuntu 7.04, and libpurple was built from
> the sources. Everything else is working.

That's weird, the only time it should return false is if you're trying to send
the file to yourself, or if libpurple knows that the other person's IM client
doesn't support file transfers.  Do you know what IM program the other person
is using?

-Mark