Saving preferences and/or buddy list in server

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Tue May 13 22:54:49 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:54:23PM -0300, Carlos Eduardo Langoni wrote:
> This is the main functionality, cause I had a broken harddisk, and then I
> missed all my contact list, them I thought about this, and made a research
> in xmpp features.
>
> Thanks a lot, I'm not a developer so I can't help too much
>
> Bye
> carlos

Private storage is not needed to have the server store your XMPP buddy
list (roster). That is entirely separate functionality that all servers
support by default. A loss of your local blist.xml file (for pidgin) will
not in any way cause a loss of your server-side XMPP roster. In fact many
XMPP clients don't even bother storing a client-side copy of the roster
because they don't need to.

	-Etan