Dynamic port use

Mayank Jain Nawal mayank at in.niksun.com
Wed May 14 05:58:15 EDT 2008

At most of the places chatting is not allowed, to stop users from doing that
port numbers are generally blocked. So are we still using port numbers for
identifying that the traffic belong to specific application (I guess in
pidgin we are are using port numbers).

Possible solution to this is use of Dynamic ports. User should not be
restricted to use a particular port for certain application, the
identification of packet should be on the basis of certain unique string or
certain signature which should be present in every packet, not on the basis
of port which a particular application uses.
Regards
Mayank Jain Nawal
mayank at in.niksun.com