master password gsoc project

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed May 14 16:45:58 EDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Richard Laager wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 01:25 +0200, Vivien Bernet-Rollande wrote:
>> - secure memory handling
>
> This one is going to be tricky to handle properly. And frankly, I'm
> not
> sure it's that big of a deal. I would focus on other goals first.

When (if) you do get to that, you might find it helpful to look at
Peter Hosey's AIWiredString he wrote for Adium, which produces a
string object backed by wired memory that is never cached to disk.
It's in objective-c, but the backing is an array of C characters, so
it might still be helpful.

-Evan