Pidgin needs a manual

Ananda Samaddar ananda.kumar.samaddar at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 21:13:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008 18:06:52 -0700
Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 23:14 +0100, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 May 2008 17:10:50 -0500
> > Ryan Nix <ryan.nix at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Not sure if you're referring to an online manual or offline, but
> > > I'm interested.  I did a tutorial done in Flash that could be
> > > added to the Pidgin site in addition to a PDF.
> >
> > If we used something like Lyx we can then convert the LaTeX output
> > to HTML and PDF so it could be hosted online and downloadable so
> > people could read it offline.
>
> Mike Styne (with the help of others) once started the Gaim^WPidgin
> Documentation Project. It's my understanding that no one has been
> working on it for a while, but his old files can be found at:
>
> http://www.alphamonkey.org/gdp/
>
> It used docbook to generate documentation in various formats.
>
> -khc

I had a look at that site.  It's probably better to start afresh, the
stuff there is seriously out of date.  I don't know too much about
docbook I'm afraid.  I was going to suggest Lyx simply because I know
how to use it and it's available on nearly every OS.  I'll get a
proposal drafted and posted so people can comment and add or change any
ideas I have.

regards,

Ananda