trojan in Pidgin download

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Sun May 18 17:56:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 06:42:53PM -0400, mickey12gauge at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello, I too noticed a Trojan or two within the Pidgin program. I scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, should I uninstall? Is this a false positive?

I can't speak about this specific alert but there has been a history of
pidgin being reported incorrectly as having problems (generally I believe
because of other things that use GTK+ and which triggers the alert since
pidgin also uses GTK+).

I'd bet this is a false alarm assuming you got the installer from us and
other downloads (from other mirrors) have the same checksums, etc.

But other people might have more useful specific things to say.

	-Etan