SIGHUP = Disconnect All Accounts?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun May 25 20:16:23 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 18:41 -0500, Gary Kramlich wrote:
> annotate says evands was the last person to touch that code.

Are we looking at the same code?

I tracked it back to 36612e043758485f45a2a91b28e22bee9d8a6c7b, where
warmenhoven said, "this annoyed me." Prior to that, it would have
printed the segfault message as well (along with other signals).

> Although
> I'd favor a guess that it was implemented so that if you launch pidgin
> from a terminal, and close the terminal, that'll it clean everything
> up?

It seems to me like you'd either want to close Pidgin entirely or leave
it running entirely. The half-way disconnect-all-accounts thing seems
weird to me.

Richard