Voice and Video GSoC Project

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed May 28 10:40:25 EDT 2008

Diego Costantini spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Thank you for the hint, I tried but I get this error:
>
> test at test-desktop:~/pidgin$ sudo mtn -d /home/test/test.mtn pull
> --set-default pidgin.im "im.pidgin.*"
> mtn: setting default server to pidgin.im
> mtn: setting default branch include pattern to 'im.pidgin.*'
> mtn: setting default branch exclude pattern to ''
> mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
> mtn: connecting to pidgin.im
> mtn: network error: failed to connect: Connection refused

Do you have a firewall of some sort?  I can connect to the Pidgin
monotone server without trouble.

> and then I was going to use:
> mtn -d $DATABASE co -b im.pidgin.soc.2008.vv $WORKINGDIR
>
> have I done something wrong? Pidgin.im is not answering pings.

Pidgin.im does not answer pings, that is normal.  Can you get to the
web server?  If you can reach the web server, but not monotone, it is
almost certainly a firewall problem on your end.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.