Voice and Video GSoC Project

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:28:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> Let me know if you have any feedback on the Jingle specs. I'm working to
> stabilize those Real Soon Now. :)

I was having a little trouble with the Jingle specs at first until it
was recently clarified that the content-accept is required rather than
just assumed if you get a session-accept. Some of the wording
regarding that was a little confusing, but it's been fixed now. Also,
because of that change, the scenarios look like they're missing those
content-accept's.

> How do you plan to support multi-party video conferences?

I hadn't really thought too much about multi-party video conferences
yet, but my first thought is to either have floating windows for each
video stream or perhaps have them fit into rows and columns in a
window, similar to how one of the Farsight examples does it. Another
possibility would be to have different Pidgin or GStreamer plugins
combine them in some way.