Voice and Video GSoC Project

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:36:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Andrea Visinoni
<andrea at puntualmenteinritardo.com> wrote:
> Maiku wrote:
>> Today I managed to track down the source of some of the crash bugs and
>> fixed them. They were due to not having certain GStreamer/Farsight
>> plugins.
>>
>> For testers to note: in order to participate in a media session it's
>> required to have:
>>  * gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad (not sure which version, but it needs to
>> include the gstrtpbin plugin)
>>  * gstreamer0.10-plugins-farsight >= 0.12.6
>> in addition to the extra compiling requirements of:
>>  * farsight2-0.10 == 0.02 (aka libgstfarsight0.10-dev)
>>  * gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 (aka gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-dev)
>>
>> Also, note that until Farsight 2's ICE transmitter (libnice) is
>> completed, NAT traversal won't work very well. So, if you're behind a
>> firewall, you will probably only be able to start sessions within your
>> local network.
>>
>> -Maiku
>
> How about this stuff on windows? Do something like gtk, libxml...
> packages from http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin is needed?
>
> Andrea

I'm not quite sure how it will work. I know the Farsight team is
working on getting Farsight 2 running well in Windows. After that, I
think it's just a matter of including or directing people to the right
GStreamer dlls, similar, as you said, to how GTK or libxml is now.
Some of the Farsight people have recommended trying out OABuild v2 as
well (http://people.collabora.co.uk/~oleavr/OABuild/). Although, what
I've done might not be compatible with that version of Farsight 2 just
yet.