Voice and Video GSoC Project

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Fri May 30 11:48:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Diego Costantini
<diego.costantini at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1 – is voice/video going to work only for XMPP accounts (at least for now)?

At this point in time, it will only work over XMPP/GTalk, but only if
both clients are the voice and video branch. When the Farsight people
finish libnice, we'll be able to initiate sessions with other clients.

> 2 – I created XMPP accounts both with your branch Pidgin. I expected to find
> something like "initiate call" right clicking or opening a window between
> them. How did you implement the call initiation instead?

You open a conversation and then go to Conversation->Voice Call... in
the menu. Soon there will be a "Media" menu in place of it with more
options.