Get ready to spew your morning coffee...

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat May 31 15:11:46 EDT 2008

Thomas Hruska spake unto us the following wisdom:
> http://cubicspot.blogspot.com/2008/05/get-ready-to-spew-your-morning-coffee.html
>
> Awesomest Pidgin plugin ever.

All of the would-be YAM authors are now drooling all over, trying to
figure out how to hook this to their hacked-up nullclients.  ;-)

Regarding the hacks you say you had to put in place due to Pidgin
limitations and bugs; please document what those are, and let us know,
so that we can fix them.  I suspect at least some of them are simply
misunderstandings (e.g., your call of purple_timeout{add,remove} is, I
suspect, required only because you failed to return TRUE from that
callback in some cases -- our timeout callbacks work like the glib
mainloop callbacks, and this is a "feature" of their operation).  Some
may be from trying to use multiple threads; I haven't examined your
plugin closely, but the 'use LWP::' at the top makes me nervious.  :-)

I'm kind of shocked the perl plugin worked well enough to accomplish
this, honestly.  I'm glad to see it.  We're always looking for people
to help with maintaining it, so if you run across bugs, limitations,
or simply places it needs to be extended, feel free to lend a hand!

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.