Crash on "msn_soap_read_cb" method ...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Fri Nov 14 08:05:03 EST 2008

Hello there!

The only one reply I received about this issue was regarding the wrong
information I've posted.
I corrected my first indication informing that the problem happens in
fact on line 288 of "soap.c" file from MSN plugin with version 2.5.1 of
libpurple.

The correct block code and line was pointed on my last message too.

Considering the first reply asking for the correct information, I was
thinking that someone will have a look on this issue and answer something.
Even a "this should not happen" or "you should have a look on ticket X",
will be very well received, because we are still trying to identificate
the origin of this problem, and not a clue until now.

Can someone please have a look and help us on that ?
Just a litte lead will be enough.

Thanks and best regards,
Mauro.

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil escreveu:
> Sorry, I forgot we have upgraded to 2.5.2 trying to solve the problem.
>
> The line 288 I refered to is regarding version 2.5.1, and points to
> second line of code block below:
>
> #ifndef MSN_UNSAFE_DEBUG
>     if (conn->current_request->secure)
>         purple_debug_misc("soap", "Received secure request.\n");
>     else
> #endif
>
> Thanks and best regards!
> Mauro.
>

> Ka-Hing Cheung escreveu:
>> On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 15:56 -0200, Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil wrote:
>>
>>> Hello there!
>>>
>>> We have an application here that uses libpurple for IM
>>> infraestructure, and we are facing some problems since we upgraded to
>>> version 2.5.2.
>>>
>>> Three MSN users complained of having experienced a crash after adding
>>> a buddy.
>>> Crash always happen on line 288 of "soap.c" file.
>>>

>> My line 288 is perrno = errno; are you sure that's the correct crashing
>> line?
>>
>> -khc
>>

> --
> __At.,
>    _
>
> *Technology and Quality on Information*
> Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
> Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
> + mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
> : www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
> ( + 55 (34)3291-1700
> ( + 55 (34)9971-2572