feature idea for pidgin

Pablo Seibelt | Sicarul pabloseibelt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 11:02:34 EST 2008

Hello,

I think it is feasible to create a service that provides that and a plug-in
that works for it, but the server should be open sourced so anyone could
make their own server, that way you could have a server computer that did
the job and use the others as clients to that one. Though, i wouldn't use
such a service, i trust my own hard drive the best. I think it's not a good
idea, specially concerning security, but that's just my opinion.

BTW: I'm not part of the dev team or patch makers or anything, i'm just a
novice programmer, and a pidgin zealot =P

Bye

On 11/18/08, Joshua Taylor <jtaylor44279 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I'm not sure if this is a feasible feature idea or not, however, I know
> quite a few people that use pidgin in more than one location, i.e. work,
> school, and home.  Is it possible to use a networked location to save the
> message history -- so the history from all three locations can be stored on
> the same machine, and pulled up from any of the locations you access pidgin
> from?

_________
Pablo Seibelt - Alias: "Sicarul"