changing default instalation language

c. helder helder1986 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 07:25:22 EST 2008

If I put in a pidgin plugin:
*char *lang = setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_US");*
... it return a NULL pointer. It means that it hasn't worked.

Futhermore, if I write in the terminal:
* [user at host ~]$ LANG=en_US pidgin*
... it return:
*(pidgin:11665): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
*
*Using the fallback 'C' locale.*

Some help please!