Facebook in Pidgin

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sat Nov 22 14:45:14 EST 2008

Haudy Kazemi wrote:
> Most computer users are on Windows, whether or not they have a choice.
> This itself biases observations of who is a 'vocal user'.  GIMP 2.6 has
> done a good job of becoming more Windows user friendly, while use GTK+.
> I think Adium, which also uses libpurple, is a good example of support
> Facebook chat, along with many other protocols.

Evan wrote Adium's Facebook support himself in Objective-C.  Adium's Facebook
support is in no way related to libpurple.  The fact that Adium supports
protocols libpurple doesn't and even replaces our Bonjour implementation with
one of their own is completely irrelevant to this discussion.  And while the
GIMP has become more Windows-friendly it's not necessarily a model Windows
application that can serve its users better than a native Windows UI conforming
to the Windows user's expectations could.

John