Just an Idea

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 21:13:21 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM, nguyen ba duc tin
<nguyenbaduc.tin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:17:27 +0700, Daniel Atallah
> <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 8:12 PM, nguyen ba duc tin
>> <nguyenbaduc.tin at gmail.com> wrote:>
>>>
>>> 1. I can't type unicode character in chat windows. Hope u can fix it soon
>>
>> What do you mean? What is stopping you?
>>

> For example, Vietnamese with Vietnamese Keyboard Unikey4.0
> every unicode character isn't display in chat typing windows
> But I can type these character in notepad then copy and paste. Pidgin still
> shows them correctly.

This sounds like a 3rd Party input method that doesn't work with GTK+.
 Not much we can do about it - it would need to be fixed by either the
input method author or in GTK+, depending where the problem is.

>>> 2. Buddy list isn't convenient enough. I can't know what status of me
>>> with
>>> the others. All the symbol are green circle for both who I'm visible and
>>> available with. It should be some indication to separate 2 groups (I'm
>>> invisible with and I'm not)
>>> It should be an easy way to set status of me with other (like YM9)
>>
>> This is something very yahoo-centric.  I'm not sure there is a good
>> way to do this at the moment.
>
> But it should be some way to know who we are invisible with instead of
> moving the mouse over the buddy name ( eg: other circle color stand before
> the buddy name)

The icons represent the buddies' statuses - whether or not they can
see you is not their status.

>>> 3. And the new mail notification. It informs 2 new mails when I log out
>>> and login again (but just 1 mail as before)
>>> The number of new mail increase gradually after it time log out/ login (2
>>
>> For which protocol(s)?
>>
>> -D
>
> I'm using Yahoo

Perhaps we should clear mail notifications when the account logs out
(or perhaps when it logs back in), IIRC someone didn't like that idea
last time it came up.  I think clearing the old notifications will be
less confusing.

-D