libpurple: personal message != status message

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Sep 10 09:27:03 EDT 2008

Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just created a new ticket for proper support for personal messages,
> which should not behave as status messages:
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/7033

If you want MSN personal messages to behave as something other than status
messages, feel free to implement it as an account action.  I still see no reason
to treat this as anything other than a status message, just as I stated the last
time this was debated to death.

> Many msn-pecan users were unable to find out how to set the personal
> message, so I had to add an entry in the FAQ. That sounds like a bad
> UI.

Something not being immediately obvious is not necessarily an indication of bad
UI.  We have not had any issues with users not being able to figure it out with
our own MSNP15 plugin, so I don't buy this argument.

John