[ANN] libpurple-mini

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 17:46:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 20:54 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> Obviously it doesn't compile yet since the configure script is for the
>> whole thing, but I just created a simple Makefile just as a
>> proof-of-concept in a separate branch.
>
> Isn't this about the same* as the current Pidgin tree configured with
> --disable-pidgin --disable-finch?

Not quite. I already explained who might benefit.

> * besides being in git--which, if someone wanted, they could use your
> current git mirror
>
> I, for one, have had enough of announcements every other day about your
> forks of everything. If you want to do msn-pecan, the git mirror, etc.,
> that's totally up to you. Our license allows you to do so and I'm glad
> to see you taking action to meet your own needs.

Who do you mean by *us*?

This is *not* a fork, it's exactly the same code bundled in different fashion.

I believe there's people that are interested in such things on this
mailing list. This is completely related to 'pidgin development' but
if somebody else is annoyed I can avoid these messages.

--
Felipe Contreras