Patches Needing Review

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Thu Apr 9 23:57:43 EDT 2009

Florian Quèze wrote:
> It is not clear to me what the difference is between these 2 pages
> (except that the second page lists more patches needing some care):
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/PatchesNeedingReview
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/OpenPatches

OpenPatches is a much more generic page that lists all open patches, all patches
in a 'pending' status, open patches assigned to specific developers , and
finally breaks patches down based on what component they're assigned to.  Note
that this doesn't take into account patches that have been marked as needing
improvement.  It's mainly useful for a quick, rough breakdown of patches.

PatchesNeedingReview, on the other hand, is significantly simpler and lists only
patches that have been marked as explicitly needing developer review to
determine acceptibility and patches that have been marked as explicitly needing
improvement before they're acceptible.  This page is much more useful for me to
use to yell at people about languishing patches.  It's also useful to see how
many would-be contributors never bother to follow up with improvements when we
outline why patches are unacceptible.

John