adium: 1e356233: C89-ify. Use g_list_prepend instead of g...

Zachary West zacwest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:46:33 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 19:54, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com> wrote:
> All joking aside, if someone has commit access to Adium and is hacking
> on libpurple, we might as well let them commit upstream-suitable changes
> directly to trunk unless it becomes a problem.

This, sadly, is probably the core of the problem: I don't think these
changes are upstream-suitable until 3.0.0. PurpleConvChatBuddy isn't
padded, and I'm adding a pointer to it for a GHashTable.

I'm also looking at making the "in_room" list something else; it's
*incredibly* costly to look up an individual chat buddy based on their
name, which is done all over the place (in what I'm attempting to do),
especially for larger chat rooms. This will require killing a few
public API functions (such as setting the purple_conv_chat_set_users,
which directly sets the GList).

I'm also not really (at _all_) familiar with libpurple code, so I
don't want to push something hugely bad into im.pidgin.pidgin itself.

Zac West