What is the difference between "view your webcam" and "webcam invite"?

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Aug 11 02:28:08 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Ambrose Li<ambrose.li at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what the difference between "view your webcam" and "webcam
> invite" are. Do they mean "view your webcam (but not necessarily allow
> you to view theirs)" and "invite you to view their webcam (but not
> necessarily ask you allow them to view yours)", or do they mean
> something else?

My guess is that a request to "view your webcam" is when someone else
wants to view your webcam, and a "webcam invite" is the opposite, i.e.
someone wants you to view their webcam.

Masca (or anyone), can you clarify?

Would it be more clear if we changed that string from
"%s has sent you a webcam invite, which is not yet supported."
"%s invited you to view their webcam, but this is not yet supported."

I'm happy to make the change if someone can confirm that it is correct.

-Mark