Inclusion of MXit plugin into Pidgin

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Aug 24 13:57:13 EDT 2009

Pieter Loubser spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I have tested the MXit plugin with the latest Pidgin 2.6.1 and the
> latest MXit plugin code is compatible with 2.6. Looking at the responses
> we received thus far there were no objections against the inclusion of
> the MXit plugin. If there are no other concerns with this I would really
> like to start integrating the plugin into the main Pidgin branch.

I have concerns which echo some other concerns which were indeed raised.

The mxit plugin causes a LOT of support traffic and noise.  It seems
to fail a lot, and we get tons of support requests because of this.
If someone from mxit is not willing to take on the burden of these
support requests, and improve the plugin to reduce their frequency, I
am absolutely opposed to including it.  We have enough marginal
protocol plugins as it is.  :-P

Ethan
determined to commit crimes.