libpurple API questions

KJ Tsanaktsidis greeklegend at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:28:45 EST 2009

Hey all,
I'm trying to write a plugin for libpurple to add a jumplist on windows 7.
I've got the jumplist communicating with the plugin, but i'm having a hard
time figuring out what functions to use to control pidgin from the plugin.
More specifically...

-I've figured out how to disconnect accounts by iterating over them and
calling purple_account_disconnect() on each. However, the status change
drop-down box on the pidgin UI still shows "available" instead of "offline".
Is there a more correct way for a plugin to do this?

-I'm having no luck at all working out how to set available, invisible, away
statuses on accounts. I suspect the solution involves
purple_account_set_status(), but it requires a string argument "status_id",
and I can't find in the documentation what the valid options for this are. I
tried finding out by iterating over PurpleStatusTypes by calling
purple_account_get_status_types() and then on each PurpleStatusType calling
purple_status_type_get_id(), but that just returns a NULL pointer.

Can anybody offer any suggestions about how to achieve this things?
Thanks,
KJ