More than just a plugin

Andrew Seed aseed at iguana-entertainment.com
Thu Dec 17 09:12:14 EST 2009

Hiya.
    We have been developing a plugin for Pidgin but needed to change a few things about the pidgin interface and I am not sure how this would affect the GPL.

    What we have programmed is avatar heads which animate like emoticons ( using the AIM protocol ). These images are 3D images based on a photo of your own head. To accommodate this an extra page was added to the Account management, adding the capability into the Oscar protocol and changing the message window to be able to display the heads. We have also added behind the Pidgin logo our logo as I consider the program to be Pigin incorporating Me-Motes ( webpage is http://www.me-motes.com/pc-messenger.cfm).

    This program has not been launched but we feel its in a beta stage and would like the input of people concerned as I am not an expert on GPL and would like to avoid any pitfalls.

    Cheers

Andrew.

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net