geeeez...

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Dec 19 11:06:00 EST 2009

Dirk spake unto us the following wisdom:
> i will de-install this piece of shit and write my own IM...

Sounds great!  We look forward to the competition.  Competition always
benefits the user.  You'll probably have to use raw X11 calls, if you
want to keep the library dependency list short; most of those
dependencies are for Gtk+.  I'm sure you know that, though, since
you're going to be writing a large and complicated piece of software.

Also, you could look into the conversation creation preferences and
your window manager settings, if you liked.  You can probably mitigate
the effects of windows popping up.  There are also ICQ privacy
settings which may be helpful.  Kiddie tantrums sometimes work, too --
not very often, but it's worth a try.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.