A crash reporter

Casey Ho pidgin at caseyho.com
Wed Feb 11 01:22:47 EST 2009

2009/2/10 John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org>:
> Could we have this crash tool grab an offending plugin's website
> address from the plugin info struct to tell the user what site to go to?

Definitely.  This wouldn't be hard to do.

> Do we need to actually include the Breakpad code in-tree?  I'd prefer avoiding
> an in-tree library that's maintained elsewhere if possible.

No we could have a third_party directory with a tar or something.
Breakpad isn't a standard library/package though, so we'll probably
have to include it with the package.

> So this can be expanded to Windows eventually if we think it's worth the effort?

Yeah, Windows will require more work + additional deps.  Windows
Breakpad was designed with Visual Studio users in mind, not
cygwin/mingw/make environments.  Needless to say, that's why I didn't
even bother attempting this yet.

-Casey