[Fwd: Re: Pidgin merchandise]

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Sat Feb 14 10:18:09 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 08:24:49PM -0800, Ka-Hing Cheung wrote:
> [...]
<snip>
> > Also who made up "To be more humanity"? Not saying it's good or bad but
> > if that's official maybe it should be on the website somewhere too.
>
> Oh it's definitely not official and I don't think we should put it on
> the website.  It was one of the submissions for summer of code maybe 2
> years ago.  We don't really know what it means or who submitted it.
>
> -Mark

I didn't remember that we had gotten this as a SoC submission and was
originally horrified that we had something like this on some of our
merchandise. Having since been reminded of where this came from I still
don't like it much (the lack of grammaticality is painful to read) but can
appreciate the humor in it.

I think if we wanted to go this route with our merchandise we should
continue to do so and include stuff that says "Pidgin - Its all fooling
blabber." and "Pidgin - I can't understand you worth a pancake." to round
out the set. (I like these because beyond being inside jokes they also
work with the whole pidgin language thing we've got going.)

    -Etan